I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. I may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. | This post/page may also contain clickable commissions earned/ad text links linking to related products on Amazon.com and affiliated sites. I may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Audrey Hepburn starred as the unforgettable and totally lovable Holly Golightly in the movie, Breakfast at Tiffany’s. As a delightful result, the Breakfast at Tiffany’s cocktail party has become quite popular. An Audrey Hepburn style party includes one of the easiest party costume staples ever, the little black dress. Here is your blueprint for how to throw a classy cocktail party where the ladies dress in the fashionable style inspired by Audrey Hepburn and the men dress in suits like sharp, successful businessmen. This one of the best adult party ideas. Get ready for a chic retro party filled with fun, laughter, music and booze.
First, let’s tell your cocktail party guests how to to dress for the occasion.
Breakfast at Tiffany’s Party attire for ladies:
- Dress in attire that captures that illusive Audrey Hepburn charm
- Little black dress
- Diamond necklace and earrings – or Rhinestones
- Pearl necklace and earrings – or Faux Pearls
- Black evening gloves
- Dark sunglasses for that elegant Audrey Hepburn style
- Wide-brim black hat with or without white silk or polyester scarf
Breakfast at Tiffany’s Party attire for men:
- Cocktail attire for men is considered formal yet has a bit of room for originality.
- Suits and ties of a dark tone/shade work best and black suits should be avoided.
- It’s also best to avoid suits with patterns that are brash. Business sport coat and tie may also be acceptable.
- Men’s shoes should be a classic pair of brogues or oxfords. Shoes should have a nice shine to complete the look.
Next, what will you serve at your Breakfast at Tiffany’s Audrey Hepburn Style Cocktail Party?
Party Food Menu
- Classic 1950’s – 1960’s Cocktail Party Food Ideas: deviled ham dip, crackers and cheese dip, fruit kebabs, bacon wrapped snacks, fruit kebabs, fresh fruit plate, deviled eggs.
- Modern Cocktail Party Food Ideas: antipasto, bruschetta, crostini, deviled eggs, fruit, veggie, cheese platter, canape, mozzarella sticks, other finger foods.
Do you plan to hire a bartender for your Audrey Hepburn Style Cocktail Party?
- Hire a bartender, if it’s in your budget, or
- Have a good mixing cocktails bartenders guide book on-hand
- Stock home cocktail bar
Cocktail Bar Equipment Necessities
- Bar Spoon
- Citrus Juicer
- Jigger – Shot Glass
- Muddler – to crush herbs, mint leaves
- Stainless Steel Shaker with Mixing Glass and Cocktail Strainer
- Other Bar Related Necessities
- Other Related Bar Items
- Ice Cubes
- Juice – various as necessary
- Roses Lime Cordial
- Salt and Pepper
- Sugar Cubes
Cocktail Bar Glassware
- Champagne glasses
- Collins and On-the-Rocks Glasses
- Liqueur and Cordial Glasses
- Martini Glasses
- Wine Glasses
Alcohol – Spirits
- Blended Scotch Whiskey
- Rum – white or light
- Coffee Liqueur
- Crème de Cacao
- Crème de Cassis
- Maraschino Liqueur
- Triple Sec
Vermouth and Bitters
- Angostura Bitters
- Dry Vermouth
- Orange Bitters
- Sweet (red) Vermouth
- Gomme Syrup – Sugar Syrup: or just make Simple Syrup at home