Celebrate Diversity Month Event brings people together to share cultural differences and similarities with fun diversity awareness activities event ideas.
April is Celebrate Diversity Month. Cultural diversity celebration events and festivals can be structured and planned for both adults and children alike. Your interest in how to plan and host a Cultural Diversity Celebration Event Party or Festival shows that you recognize the importance of celebrating diversity and inclusion to encourage all people to become culturally knowledgeable and aware.
Taking the time to learn about the different cultures, races, religions and backgrounds represented by your friends and guests will help to create an overall sense of acceptance and appreciation of others.
Your invitation or flyer for this event should provide the following event information and a similar description based on your event details:
- Cultural diversity Celebration Event to be held:
- Date, Time and Place
- Cultural diversity is a form of appreciating the differences in individuals. Our community will celebrate the many cultures within our community by offering a number of activities during this celebration.
- “Let’s recognize the importance of celebrating the diverse cultures within our community. Our community is made up of diverse individuals from every part of the world, which creates a dynamic multicultural organization. Such diversity brings with it many differences in skills, abilities and experiences.
- Cultural diversity in our community provides strength, and challenges individuals to respond to their environment effectively. “Valuing” individual and community cultural differences is critical to achieving community goals.”
Note: You can make adjustments in the information above to more closely fit your cultural diversity celebration event and its attendees. For example, the word “community” may be changed to group, organization, company, town, or city.
- Traditional Garb/Dress Parade
- We will have a cultural diversity display and international flags from around the world and a scavenger hunt.
You might even consider asking your guests and attendees to, not only participate, but to also contribute to some fun diversity activities by providing diversity awareness party decorations and useful, informative cultural materials.
If you decide to do so, be sure to include that information in your invitation/flyer.
Here are some examples of some contributions you might request your attendees to provide:
Please plan to contribute to our planned activities as follows:
- Sample snacks from around the world
- Please bring sample snack representing your ancestry, heritage and native culture.
- Food from Around the World
- Please bring a potluck food dish representative of your cultural ancestry.
- Special Items
- We are asking our attendees to loan items (maps, photos, artifacts, dolls, posters, etc.) to be included in our cultural display.
- Please bring your items to: list location here.
- Items will be returned at the close or our celebration.
- “My Family Tree” Poster Board Contest/Display
- Please bring your family tree decorative poster board/display for a chance to win a prize.
- Sample snacks from around the world
Diversity Awareness Month Ideas and Activities
In addition, to the fun diversity awareness activities listed above, there are many other cultural heritage activities which may be included in your event:
- Diversity Games
- International Music
- Traditional Dance Performance
- Other Ethnic Cultural Performance
Other Popular Diversity Awareness Ideas and Activities
Other popular ideas and options to plan diversity awareness activities:
- Cultural Awareness Activities in The Workplace
- Cultural Awareness Games
- Cultural Diversity Activities for College Students Dance Performance
- Cultural Diversity Icebreakers
- Diversity Team Building Activities
- Diversity and Inclusion Activities for Adults
- Diversity and Inclusion Activities in The Workplace
Resources for a Successful Cultural Diversity Party Event
- Event Supplies