Planning to throw an indoor Beach Party or Hawaiian Luau theme party? Here are some unique ideas for decorating beach theme parties.
Immerse your party guests in the beach party theme by hanging an inexpensive ocean beach backdrop on the wall
A lightweight 4′ tall, 30’ wide sky, sea, and sand backdrop can be hung from the wall with painter’s tape that won’t damage the wall paint. The backdrop can be cut to fit the area you are covering. Add a sandy beach backdrop to the bottom edge of a sky, sea, and sand backdrop to completely cover a six to eight-foot wall.
- To add interest and realism to your backdrop(s) print photos of birds flying over the sea, against the sky and sea-life such as dolphins jumping over the ocean waves at or just above the horizon line of the sea and sky. For natural and realistic images be sure to use quality glossy photo paper for printing the photos. Cut out the images in the photos around the edges of the birds, dolphins, or other sea-life images and affix the photos to the sky backdrop. If you affix the photos with something that will not damage the backdrop, you may be able salvage your backdrop to use again for another party. For the sandy beach backdrop area, try adding photos of crabs and seashells onto the sand backdrop area.
- Welcome your party guests to your Hawaiian Luau party by decorating the outside of your front door with Aloha door cover.
- Hawaiian style grass table skirts work great for decorating an entryway and doorways in the home for your Hawaiian Luau. To hang the Hawaiian style grass table skirt, attach each end of the table skirt to the corners of the entryway or doorway and let it drape down in the middle. Hanging the grass table skirts at the entrance to the main Hawaiian Luau room will give your guests the sense of walking into a Hawaiian paradise. Make your indoor Hawaiian luau room even more inviting by hanging dark green and dark brown crepe paper party streamers, alternating the colors as you go. Using colored construction paper, cut out tropical “leaves” using green, light-green and other tropical colors. For a natural look, affix your tropical leaves to the streamers in a random fashion.
- Making faux surf board is another great Beach Party decoration and can also function as a Hawaiian Luau prop and/or a Beach Party photo booth. You can also buy an inflatable surf board. Have your guests stand next to the upright surfboard and hold onto it, then start snapping some great photos.
- Look for more beach party and Hawaiian theme party decorations to make your party spectacular. You can even add a luau waterfall standee party prop!