I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. I may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. | This post/page may also contain clickable commissions earned/ad text links linking to related products on Amazon.com and affiliated sites. I may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
“June weddings remain in fashion and ever popular. June bridal parties continue to be en vogue and the predominant choice for wedding nuptials.”
Pretty in Pink – June Wedding – Lovely Bride and Bridesmaids
We all know that June is “THE” month for Weddings! But why is it so?
- It may be that wedding events are celebrated primarily in June due to the more favorable weather conditions: not too hot; not too cold; not to rainy; and not too windy.
- And in most areas, the children are out of school for the summer. That means wedding guests who must travel to attend the blessed wedding event are more apt to be free to do so.
- June is also a month when florists generally have a greater selection of flowers to offer their wedding event planners for those beautiful and elaborate bridal bouquets.
There is thought to be a historical reason why June may have become quite popular as a month for Weddings.
- Some like to harken back to the days when farmers had to be concerned about having enough hands to help with harvest time schedules.
- A marriage in June resulting in a very timely July or August pregnancy might very well result in the bride being physically able to assist with harvesting chores.
- While most of us are no longer matrimonially motivated by harvesting schedules, June weddings remain in fashion and ever popular.
- June bridal parties continue to be en vogue and the predominant choice for wedding nuptials.
On the more ethereal side, June is named after an ancient Roman goddess.
- This goddess was said to be the wife of Jupiter and believed to be the goddess of matrimony and the matrimonial home. Therefore, to be married in June was believed to be good luck and would ensure the bride and groom enjoyed a long and happy marriage.
Whether you are an engaged couple planning a June Wedding, or any other time of the year, I wish you much good luck and I hope you will enjoy a blessed, long and happy marriage.