5 Frequently Asked Questions about Murder Mystery Parties. All You Need to Know on How To Host a Murder Mystery Party for Kids, Pre-Teen, Teens and Adults.
1. Can you explain the difference between an interactive murder mystery party versus other kinds of murder mystery parties?
An interactive murder mystery game is different from other types of mystery party games in various ways:
- An interactive murder mystery game allows for a greater number of players, especially sleuth players of which an unlimited number may be permitted in some games.
- In addition, there is usually a bit more going on in each character’s world. The suspects and/or sleuths may have several issues to navigate such as: solving the crime , covering up guilt and possibly the need to hide relationships with other characters. If your character’s description indicates that you are the murderer , you will be quite busy attempting to conceal your motive and not appear guilty.
- Unless you have 6 or less players, interactive mystery games are seldom sit-down dinner games. The players mingle among each other striking up conversations with the intent of gathering clues that will be used to solve the crime.
- Suspect characters are provided with their character description and with specific information that they can share with other suspects and/or sleuths. The suspects are also provided with hide information, which they should not share unless asked a specific question regarding that information.
- While some interactive mysteries allow for the party host to play along, it is generally best for the host to refrain from playing a suspect or a sleuth. The host can then concentrate on keeping the game organized and moving along. The host can also be helpful to guests who may have questions while playing the game.
2. What kind of themes are available for murder mystery games?
3. Can I buy a non-murder mystery game for my kids, pre-teen, teens and other children?
4. Are there mystery games available for all female players?
5. Can I find mystery games with holiday themes?